Friday, September 18, 2009

Introductions

Hello all! I am Andrea, a nearly desperate college graduate who has eagerly been seeking a career in marketing/advertising for quite some time now. While I have been through a lot of trials and tribulations while job hunting, I am grateful of the process because it has allowed me to realize exactly which avenue I want to pursue and what kind of company I want to work for.

When I first graudated and began seeking the perfect career I became a bit panicked. I was suddenly terrified of where my skills were going to fit into the job market and what was I going to offer an employer that no one else had. I don't have the technical skills to create a website, nor do I know how to use PhotoShop or inDesign, and tell me to design something in Adobe and I'm baffled. Therefore, I needed to define my strengths and skills not only for myself but so I could present them to an employer. This blog explains how I quashed those fears and became confident in my capabilities and why I knew an employer needed to hire me.

It is my ultimate goal that others can learn and adapt to the job market more rapidly than I did by learning (and probably laughing) from my mistakes while gaining some valuable job seeking tools. I hope those that do follow this learn a little something and help them land a job as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment